Friday 22 April 2011

Challenge 16 - RAISE £1000 FOR CHARITY

One of my nobler challenges, and one in which I need your help.  During my year, I have to raise £1000 for charity and hopefully have a lot of fun doing it.  My first fundraising effort is taking part in the London 2011 Moonwalk on 14th May, which does involve me and my lovely team walking 13 miles through the streets of London (thankfully in the dark) wearing our bras, and dressed up as rather garish, oversized flamingos.  Any thoughts about what you think the necks of the flamingos look like, have already been aired and giggled at, but all I have to say is "Shame on you!".

Much fun has already been had in my kitchen amidst a flurry of lurid pink netting and feathers, washed down with a little glassette of wine.  We have also giggled our way along the south coast from Southbourne to Poole and back in the dark, just to prove we hadn't bitten off more than we could chew (and it's back to the large pink necks!!!).

Just for the record, I have a sports injury (the first in 50 years!) - a sore knee sustained during my foray into the dangerous world of Tai Chi.  I offer this to you as a bid for sympathy, and not as a premature excuse for failure!

If you feel you could help me in my challenge, please visit our fundraising page and support our efforts - any amount will be greatly appreciated, and will go some way in the fight against breast cancer. It will also spur us on to the finishing line and a large glass of champagne:


No comments:

Post a Comment