Saturday 20 August 2011

Challenge 32 - SKINNY DIP

La belle France, the moonlight, a glass of Chablis,
A challenge laid down - to swim naked and free,
Gung-ho, brave and tipsy, I answered "oui, oui",
So, towel in hand, I skipped off to the sea.

Top, shorts, bra and pants on the sand in a pile,
Shoes kicked off too, in Reginald Perrin style,
Submerged to my neck, I swam mile after mile,
Woo hoo! Skinny dip - before turning senile.

Challenge 32 achieved - hip hip hooray!
My elation and joy soon turned to dismay.
The newspaper headline the very next day -
"New species of whale seen in Bay of Biscay!"











Note:  first line should read 'six glasses of Chablis' but it didn't scan!
          second verse should read 'I swam inch after inch' but it didn't rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment