Sunday 21 August 2011

Challenge 33 - SLEEP UNDER THE STARS

Sounds romantic? - no, I was alone - my invitations to my sleepover party were all declined.

Sounds peaceful? - no, I was kept awake by rabbits scurrying underneath me, pine martins dropping pine cones on my head and mosquitoes buzzing round my ear to let me know they had just feasted on my flesh!

Sounds educational? - no, I only saw one star all night, despite having chosen for my adventure the night of the Perseid meteor shower.

Sounds healthy? - no, I woke up with a tickle in my throat, a sniffle in my nose and a throbbing post-wine headache.

Sounds scary? - no, I was within ear-shot of my snoring husband and touching distance of civilisation (if you can call a washing line civilisation!).

Sounds dark? - no, I wore a head torch!

Sounds dry? - no, it rained.  I also had pine sap dripping on me from the trees, welding my hair to the sleeping bag.

Sounds memorable? - yes, I will remember not to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment