Sunday 25 September 2011

Challenge 37 - SEGWAY

SEGWAY - THE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL!

I have cancelled my order for a mobility scooter, and am saving my pennies for a deluxe Segway GTi.  I shall have to adapt it slightly to meet my needs - I'm thinking golf umbrella, back rest, drinks holder, stereo, satnav, airbag and shopping basket - but it really is the way to go. It copes with all terrains, even tree stumps (unless you're Iain); you can do tricks so it will fit in nicely with my skateboarding chums down at the park; it will not send adrenalin-allergic adventurers into anaphylactic shock; it is battery-powered so gets an environmental tick; it travels only 24 miles on one charge so you will never stray inadvertently far from home - always a consideration when Alzheimers looms; you can look cool,  but that needs practice as the photos testify.



Just for the record:  during the 'segway rally' I scored 0 falls, 0 submissions, 0 refusals, unlike the rest of my co-segwayers.  I did overhear the unkind and the jealous claiming that it was because I wasn't trying - it was of course because I was gifted and talented.

Before leaving we tried the ploy of keeping them talking, while I slipped a little Segway into the boot of our car, but we were spotted.  Looks like I'll have to save the £4500 !!!!!! I need to invest in the transport of the future.

Thanks, Ken and Martha, for a wonderful day and a great challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment