Friday 6 May 2011

Challenge 20 - DO STREET DANCE

Yo!  Been busting some moves down in the 'hood with my crew.  Been locking, and popping, and freezing, and krumping, and b-boying.  It was da bomb!  Word up!

In other words I have been to a rather splendid dance class, and I had a thoroughly marvellous time performing some rather tricky steps.

This challenge was presented to me by my beautiful, young friend, Joanna, after I had consumed too much loopy juice.  In the spirit of my adventurous and oh-so-loopy year, and under the influence of alcohol, I said yes to attending a street dance class, - having given my word, there was no backing out, despite the pleadings of my 15 year old son!

Yes, I was the oldest there by some considerable margin, but I was not the oddest (that accolade goes to a 6ft 6 super-skinny 40 year old man).  And yes, I did consider asking them to turn the music down, or to at least play something with a tune.  And yes, I most definitely looked completely ridiculous, being half a dozen moves behind everybody else, slipping on my own personal puddle of sweat and with a bright red, rather wrinkly face.  I suspect also that on 'the street', giggling is a no-no, so I broke that rule too!

I had a very phat time, and on the embarrassing-your-children scale, this is a winner!  All credit to 19-year-old Joanna, for accompanying me and for doing it with style, humour and not a hint of a red face.  You're a star.

Now can I order a Stannah to take me upstairs, because my legs have just reminded my head how old I actually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment