Sunday 6 November 2011

Challenge 42 - VOW OF SILENCE FOR 24 HRS (ATTEMPT 2)

8.00 am Cellotape is my new friend and ally in this challenge.  It is currently holding my lips together, and preventing me from speaking, sipping coffee, sneezing and yawning.  I am feeling confident.  Will update through the day.

10.00 am Cellotape is no longer my friend - refused to stick.  Moved on to sticky white labels with added advantage that they can carry an explanatory note - useful for casual callers such as Jehovahs Witnesses.  Slightly worried that might leave an unsightly red rectangular mark for posterity.

 12.00 pm Problem.  Have suddenly developed sinusitis and a blocked nose.  Mouth is clamped shut by sticky label.  Can't breathe.  What to do???

2.00 pm Iain says my sinuses are blocked because all the lubrication which normally helps me to talk is redundant and getting stuck.  Funny?  Sympathetic?  No and no.

6.00 pm Endured dinner without being able to contribute to the heated political discussions which are typical of Hogan family mealtimes.  Obviously everyone else was wrong and I would have been right if I could have joined in.  Could still snigger at the farting jokes which are equally as typical of Hogan family mealtimes!

8.00 pm Jaw muscle weakness setting in.

10.30 pm Barring some sort of ambush on the way to bed, I have made it.  Not a word uttered all day. I'd shout Hurray if I could.

Roll on tomorrow - I have some serious catching up to do.  Get the ear-plugs!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings - I found your blog when I was looking for a picture to post on one of mine.

    I copied your Tai Chi picture and linked to your page as well as encouraged my readers to check out your blog.

    You can see the post here:
    http://chairisacloset.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuesday-fitness-project-redux-update.html

    If you are uncomfortable with my using your picture, please let me know and I will remove it. (I will still link to your blog, though - it's pretty neat!)

    best regards!
    Zann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine by me, Zann, but probably not fine by any bone fide tai chi practitioners out there!!! Glad you're enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete