Thursday 15 December 2011

Challenge 47 - INVENT A COCKTAIL

This challenge had an element of danger - locking me in a room with 30 bottles of weird and wonderful spirits and liqueurs, and instructing me not to emerge until I had invented a super-cocktail with extra zing and oomph!  I was gone some time, but eventually emerged with not just one elixir of loveliness, but three.  And I was still upright.  Though a little cross-eyed.  And giggling.  A lot.

I am not precious with my talents - I will share the fruits of my tipples for all to enjoy:

Hot Flush:
1 shot blackberry brandy
1 shot vodka
1 shot ginger wine
1 dessertspoon chilli syrup


Menopausal Madness:
1 shot grand marnier
1 shot tequila
1/2 shot grenadine
1 shot orange juice

Fab-at-Fifty Festive Fandango:
1 shot brandy
1 shot vermouth
1 shot cranberry juice
1/2 shot spice syrup.


Get out the charity shop cocktail dresses, slip on your dancing shoes, get mixing, shaking and stirring... and let the party begin.......










.......and end, many hours later, when I eventually fall into bed full of festive fandango, oozing menopausal madness and experiencing a serious hot flush.

I awake next morning, feeling both shaken and stirred, and hoping that the cocktail fairies might have arrived during the night to restore my kitchen to its pre-cocktail order, and my head to its pre-cocktail happy place.  

Alas - both the cocktail fairies and James Bond have left the building!  Kitchen remains hungover, and head is in a sticky mess.

But I still love cocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment