Sunday 17 July 2011

Challenge 29 - RUN 5KM!

I do not run; I have never run; running is not what I do; I am not a runner. And these are the reasons (ok, excuses) why:

1        Hips are too wide
2        Boobs are too big
3        I am not in a hurry
4        It gives me heart attacks (plural)...
5        and a stitch...
6        and palpitations...
7        and sometimes a bit of sick in my mouth...
8        and extreme perspiration....
9        and an unsightly bright red face..
10      I am too old, and always have been
11      I pronate (if you don't know what that means, watch Countdown and learn!)
12      I am too busy (tea/lunch/shops/Bargain Hunt/Countdown/sleep)
13      I am already a finely tuned athlete
14      It makes my hair curl
15      I can't talk when I run and I miss it
16      It is too windy...
17      or rainy....
18      or hot.
19      I hate Chariots of Fire...
20      and Forrest Gump...
21      and energy drinks...
22      and bananas.
23      Chaffing hurts.
24      I can't be bothered.

However, this is not the year for NO, NEVER, NOT-ON-YOUR-NELLY, so when Denise (fitness instructor/pilates teacher/all-round physical guru) offered me her services as a birthday present, I embraced the challenge, and together we took to the roads of Barton.  She motivated and inspired me through the 'wall' which with me usually occurs about 100m from home, refusing to accept curly hair or heart attack as an excuse.  Day by day we built up our distance until today when ....

I RAN 5.61KM WITHOUT STOPPING OR DYING!!!!  Might seem pathetic to some, but to me it is a marathon and I am thrilled.  Now I can say...

I do run; running is what I do; I am a runner; ..............  and always will be! RUN, JEN, RUN!

1 comment:

  1. WELL DONE JEN! 5k is a massive achievement for a non-runner (that's from someone who knows!). Also, massive well done Denise! Haha

    ReplyDelete